Why use Pro-Store Forage Inoculants:
Reduce dry matter loss: By reducing dry matter loss by 4%, there are 40 tons of additional forage in a 1000 ton bunker.
- Faster fermentation, high lactic acid, more energy: Research shows that Pro-Store treated forage has produced as much lactic acid in 4 days as untreated forage had in 90 days! Pro-Store treated forage provides fermentation insurance, as various temperatures and harvesting conditions can cause significant fluctuation in bacterial levels. Feeding treated forages reduces production drop when switching to different silo’s or bunkers!
- Increased dry matter intake and feed efficiency: Better quality forages and grains lead to higher DMI. For each 1 pound of additional DMI we can expect an increase of 2 to 2.5 pounds of milk production per cow per day.
- More milk: Research trials show increased milk production when feeding treated forages vs. untreated with similar dry matter intake
- Longer bunk life: Forages treated with Pro-Store undergo a stable fermentation which reduces free nitrogen ammonia and water soluble carbohydrates. This controlled fermentation also reduces pH and increases lactic acid. Forages stay fresh and palatable longer after exposure to air whether in storage or after removal. This is especially critical on farms with bunker silos, piles, bags, and total mixed rations.
- Less wasted feed: Dairy farmers will have less feed to dispose of due to molds or spoilage when forages are treated with Pro-Store!
Pro-Store WS: A water soluble silage inoculant containing several species of bacteria to cover a broad range of harvest conditions. Use on: Alfalfa and Grass Haylage, Wheatlage, Ryelage, Pealage, Oatlage, Sudan or Sorgum Silage, and other forages. Treats 250 ton of forage.
Pro-Store WSB: A water soluble silage inoculant used to improve bunk life of corn silage and high moisture corn (HMC). This product contains a dried Lactobacillus buchneri fermentation product that produces acetic acid and other compounds that greatly reduce the growth of spoilage organisms. Treats 250 ton of forage.
Pro-Store WSC: A water soluble silage inoculant containing several species of bacteria to cover a broad range of harvest conditions , used to improve the bunk life of corn silage.
Pro-Store DH – A dry hay and antioxidant product storage aid in dry granular form. Pro-Store DH consists of high levels of Potassium sorbate and BHT, along with sources of naturally occurring microorganisms and enzymes.
Pro-Store 0.3 - A forage fermentation and storage aid in dry granular form. Consisting of Lactobacillus species, Streptococcus species, Pediococcus species, and Enterococcus species, one bag will treat 150 ton of forage. Recommended for all types of high moisture forage.
Pro-Store 1/T- A forage fermentation and storage aid in dry granular form. Consisting of Lactobacillus species, Streptococcus species, Pediococcus species, and Enterococcus species, one bag will treat 50 ton of forage. Recommended for all types of high moisture forage.
What other farmers think about Pro-Store:
“Last year we used Pro-Store WSB with buchneri on not only our high moisture corn, but also our corn silage. It has made a huge difference in the life of my corn silage.” – Ray Manning, Iowa
“Pro-Store works! We’ve used many different products, but Pro-Store works quicker than any other products. It makes better silage!” -Sidney Nolt, Pennsylvannia